Sunday, July 12, 2009

Abaco Te



Went out with our neighbors last night. Very nice guys- one of them will be coming to Boston in August to study Astronomy at Harvard! He wanted to know what to expect and I told him: cold, screaming men with beards in Red Sox garb, and the hilarious accent. He was so proud of himself when he finally mastered "Yah Dude"...he sounded perfect. I think he will be just fine in Bostonia. I am excited to show him around in the fall! Yesterday Caitlin and I want to the Albaizin, which is the neighborhood around the Alhambra. I had read about a "teteria"- a tea house- in that area that looked and sounded really great. We trekked through these amazing tiny cobblestone streets. Although they were not streets, but merely paths that sloped down and up and curved in ridiculous directions. We kept stumbling upon incredible old buildings and once in a while I would peak through the cracks between two houses and find ridiculously wonderful views of the city. We followed the sounds of people to guide us to civilization and right as we were admitting to how lost we were, I heard people laughing and looked to my right. In the middle of no where-sitting on the edge of a tiny little road was "Abaco Te", the teteria that I had wanted to go to! We creaked open the door and inside was soo nice! A woman greeted us and we went upstairs to where there were little tables and stools, amazing murals on the walls and big windows with brilliant sunlight. There was another staircase that led to a third floor where there as an outside terrace looking over Granada. WOW. There were only a few people there. We sat on the second floor and ordered Peach and Melon "Granizadas"- a fruit smoothie type drink with milk and we shared a banana and chocolate crepe. Our stay was so pleasant and I couldn't believe we actually had found this place. There was this beautiful completely-white cat that was wondering around and kept moving from place to place, finding rays of sun to sleep under. We stayed for quite some time, then unfortunately had leave to make it home for dinner. I can't wait to go back there.
I have posted some of the drawings I've been doing. I have also added the link to Abacote's website (up on the right)...not only is the place really great, but their website is awesome.

1 comment: