Saturday, October 1, 2011

Maine Marathon, October 2nd


Tomorrow morning I will be running my first half marathon at the Maine Marathon in Portland! My friend Eric and I will be driving up at 5am along with our zip lock bags of nuts and chocolate chips. Im deciding whether to eat a bagel for breakfast or a fried egg. Bianca tells me bagel.

This is actually a big deal for me, as I am realizing the closer I get to the race. I have been training for it, and now I feel myself needing to mentally prepare as well. I will blog about the race after. I am excited and nervous and anxious all at the same time. As this new year begins with Rosh Hashanna just having passed and Yom Kippur next week, I feel great that I will start this year off on a good note, by completing the challenge of running my first half marathon.

Wish me luck!
Eleanor

No comments:

Post a Comment