Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pray all day


The bus driver on the way to Oberriet for the half marathon stopped and let an older woman out so that she was a closer to walk to Church. I didnt think anything of it--just remember watching her slowly leave the bus and hobble down the road. Hours later, after we had finished the race and were waiting for he bus home, I explored the center of town a bit. I saw a beautiful white church, piercing stark white in front of the blue swiss alps in the background. I decided to go in. As I pulled open the massive wooden doors I heard the organ blaring through the hall in front of me. There were glass doors peering into the sanctuary. This is what I saw; the lady from the bus, sitting perfectly still and alone in her pew, held in quiet prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment