Monday, July 2, 2012

Oy, Mate!

Today I went deep sea fishing in the Boston Harbor. My boss and a co worker of mine set out on my boss's beautiful new boat, catching high tide when it awoke at 9:00am. It was truly amazing to be out at sea today...something I have been wanting to do but haven't done yet this summer. My boss and co worker taught me all that I needed to know...and quite quickly I found myself casting and reeling, pulling and hooking- in 50ft deep waters. Catch of the day? two baby lobsters (which I returned back to their wavy home), a crab, a squid and a huge piece of driftwood. Some kind of unspoken language happened today on the water. Between the pleasant and peaceful company of my boss and co worker, as well as the excitement of feeling a tug then reeling in something in, hooking the bait, watching fish surface...these physical acts seemed to take the place of actual conversation and I loved that. Well, I plan to fish again soon...maybe Ill catch dinner next time. :) On the way back, we took a spin through the bay to see the Tall Ships that were docked...quite the sight...although honestly..the most impressive was Cruise Ship Glory...not because I want to go on a cruise, but because the mere size of this thing blew me out of the water...literally. I hope everyone is enjoying their summer so far. Happy 4th! -El

No comments:

Post a Comment