Friday, March 29, 2013

Since Spring is taking its' sweet time, I'll just have to pretend

To assuage my winter doldrums, I've been listening to a lot of bluegrass and folk- sounds that tend to transport me right into the sun- sitting on a grassy hill...with loads of wildflowers in my hair. I recently discovered Blue Highway, a 5-man-banjo-pickin bluegrass band from the Tennessee area. They've been around for 17 years...same 5 guys as when they started. They are extremely talented instrumentalists AND singers. The video I've attached highlights their sweet harmonies...its an a cappella song called "Someday", written by an old woman right before she died. Its a sad song..but so pretty and it somehow makes me really happy. Darrell Scott is another one I've been listening to a lot of. His voice is pretty amazing...definitely has its roots in soul and blues, while his music is very country. I've also included a video of one of my favorite songs, Tupelo Honey by Van Morrison..who's voice makes me think everything's going to be ok. Also complete with a killer sax solo by Pee Wee Ellis. . Hope you enjoy. Positive thinking. Positive singing...and May Spring come RIGHT NOW.




No comments:

Post a Comment