Monday, March 11, 2013

Woodcuts old and new

At work, I've been designing a lot of materials for the CSA that will be opening this spring at the Moose Hill property, where my office is at The Trustees of Reservations. We've been using a lot of woodcut designs for our ads and flyers...more rustic typefaces, and in general-a more earthy/grittier feel then the standard Trustees brand. We've implemented a lot of woodcut vegetables and farm-focused imagery, but in my search for these graphics, I've stumbled upon some of the coolest woodcut designs..that I find quite inspiring. The woodcut technique dates back thousands of years and I love how even designs done more recently-look extremely primitive.. varied weights of carved lines, imperfect marks and simple..but telling- shapes.




No comments:

Post a Comment