Sunday, August 23, 2009

Mount St. Victoire



One day in Aix, I hopped on a bus that went up to The mountain St. Victoire, a beautiful, majestic-looking peak, where Cezanne did his famous paintings of the mountain. These paintings, in which he worked to merge nature- what he saw with his eye, with an "order". He believed that nature had more of a durable structure, that much impressionism did not recognize. I sat up on the mountain and did a little of my own sketching. It was a beautiful day and there was no one around. Very relaxing. On the way back, I met a man from Poland who was traveling with his orchestra-based out of Warsaw. He plays the viola in the orchestra- Sinfonia Varsovia (check out the website on the right). We talked the whole bumpy, curvy ride down and when we returned to town I told him that I hope to see his orchestra in Boston some day. I think that would be such an amazing way to travel--moving from one city to the next, playing music in amazing venues all around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment