Sunday, August 23, 2009

and the adventure continues...

Hello all!
I am back in the United States, sitting at home in New Hampshire. I returned from my trip about 5 days ago. It is strange being home, and I often get nostalgic thinking of my adventures in Europe. However, I had such a positive experience, with so many awesome memories to take home with me--that it almost feels like I am still traveling. I LOVED greeting my parents at Logan airport! When I came walking out of my gate, they were there amongst all of the other anxious parents and loved ones. I ran up to them with all of my sacks and luggage and it felt soooo good to be with them again. After a while traveling on my own, I started to become more and more aware of the families around me. At times, I got sensitive to seeing families and friends together- a mother cleaning ice cream off of her messy daughter, a french family riding the train-the children singing and matching their tone to the sound of the train on the tracks, and both parents cracking up. Or a group of friends on the beach, eating and sharing familiar jokes. These things, I noticed while traveling alone, and they made me so happy to see and at the same time they made me long for those contacts again.
So I have returned home and am getting back into my routine here. Soon I will head back to Boston and begin school. I am excited for this school year and I cannot wait to see what types of ways my experiences traveling will come through in my art and my work. I have seen so much beauty and these places. I have seen so many things that have inspired me. Lets see where they take me.
I think I will continue to post about my trip, and revisit my adventures. I hope you all will continue to follow my blog, I want to keep sharing this with you.
Chao
-Eleanor

No comments:

Post a Comment