Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Wood Brothers at The Paradise

On Saturday I was handed a ticket to see the Wood Brothers at the Paradise...10 minutes before they went on stage. I was at a barbeque and had left a conversation mid-sentence to say goodbye to a friend when he handed me a ticket and said..."Wood brothers--theres a cab waiting out front. Get in now, or don't come." So I did. I ran.. (a solo cup of beer still in my right hand) and hopped in the cab with the others. We arrived just in time for the show to start. And as Oliver, the lead vocalist, began to sing and the trio began playing their bluesy, southern tunes, their strong voices filled the concert hall with such amazing force. It occurred to me at that moment, that Sometimes you have to let life take you, rather than take on your life all the time. I could have stayed with my friends a the barbeque, eaten some burgers and lived out the night like I had envisioned it to go...instead I was in another part of town with a whole new group of people enjoying amazing music on a beautiful night. Please take a look this video of The Wood Brothers. Recorded and produced by Mason Jar Music, an awesome audio visual/production company in Brooklyn NY.

No comments:

Post a Comment