Monday, August 10, 2009

Aix-En Provence







Here in Aix-En Provence!I am staying in a hotel in a tiny little room who's door opens up into the lobby and whos' toilet is in the same room as the bed. Its perfect.
Once I was settled last night I went out to get something to eat and explored a bit. This is such a beautiful place! The weather is not too hot and at night it cools down to a very comfortable temp. It is different, and wierd being in a place where I cannot communicate very well at all. For the most part people speak ok English and I am able to communicate with them using flying hands and basic words. Last night I was able to practice the little French that I do know with a friend that I met. There are many similarities between Spanish and French and after speaking with him for a while, French was already becoming a bit familiar to me and I was able to speak at a basic level...very basic. I really like the French language...I like the sound of the words and how they all clink together with a certain elegant cadence. I would like to learn at some point.
Right now I am sitting in a little cafe with french techno music having a cafe. This is a precious place and I love getting to know the French way here in Aix-En Provence.
For now, Au Revoir!
-Eleanor
PS- Mazel Tov Em Katz on getting a job in Bostonia...and an apt! Can't wait to be in Boston with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment