Friday, August 14, 2009

Back in San Sebastian


Hello! Back in San Sebastian...a familiar place- finally. I was in Nice for a couple of days and wasn't too fond. Very big and too spread out. I like the smaller towns better, where I feel I can become part of the town instead of feeling like an outsider. It feels good to be back. Spent the day lying on "Concha" beach with the rest of the topless peeps soakin the rest of the rays and then did some shopping that I probably should'nt have...but I had fun. Staying again at Roger's House for the next two nights. Just cooked dinner and tonight there is an amazing fireworks show on the beach...I have come at the perfect time. It is the last two nights of "La Semana Grande", a week -long festival here in San Sebastian with music events, fireworks, etc etc. I am glad to be back here and relaxing in a familiar place after spending so much time in unfamiliar- and at times...uncomfortable places. Sunday I head back to Madrid and my flight is Monday!
PS..I keep saying "merci" and "oui"...my mind is still in France.
PPS..I can't wait to hug mom and dad
PMS..I am listening to Lauryn Hill in the kitchen
PPP: Thanks to a boy named Matthias from Marseille, I was able to get back to San Sebastian in an unstressful manner. He was so helpful at the train station and missed his train just so he could help me get on the train I needed. I am so thankful.
PMM: Maybe this is a generalization...but maybe it is true as well...I found a lot of the French people to be pretty cold and unfriendly. I feel a difference being back in Spain.they seem to me more open to others.
NPR: There are 4 more guys here from Italy...and they are cool i guess...but i miss my other Italian roommates....seguro
Ok chao
-El

No comments:

Post a Comment