Friday, August 7, 2009

A Culinary Shmorgisbord!


(r-l: My roomates!Lorenzo, Simone, Andrea, some other Italian we played volleyball with probably named Lorenzo, and Alexander..




Hola!
Today is my last day here in San Sebastian. Tonight I will take a train to Paris and travel through the night on the sleeping car. Tomorrow I will arrive and then take another train to Avignon in the south. Last night was so fun! A bunch of the people from the hostel gathered in the tiny kitchen and cooked up a storm! Every night the group of Portuguese cook some culinary masterpiece and we are all so impressed. Last night it was shrimp stirfry with rice and vegetables. My Italian roomates yelled and gesticulated as they threw their pasta into the pot and strategized for their tomato and cheese sauce. And I ended up joining forces with these two Canadian girls. We made pasta with a delcious meat sauce. They threw in some chorizo and I made some bangin meatballs with onion, garlic and herbs. I opened my bottle of red wine and we all sat and enjoyed. I must say, we girls ate sooo well.Even my Italian roomates were impressed with our spread. By the time we had all eaten, the kitchen was a mess and there were drunken conversations happening in so many different languages that I think none of us actually knew what was being said. We all went out dancing and stayed out quite late. Today I had to leave the hostel so I am hanging around town until my train tonight. San Sebastian has been wonderful, and I will surely miss the shananigans at Roger´s House...
For now, adios
PS, This woman singing was simply standing beside the band holding their cd for advertisement. Then out of no where she emerged from the side with her a powerhouse-of-a voice and awed me..and the crowd.

1 comment:

  1. I am sure you are going to love Avignon! To complete the experience, make sure you learn the song:
    "Sur le pont
    d'Avignon
    on y danse
    on y danse...."

    Everybody in the French speaking world knows that one! :-)

    ReplyDelete